Yield: 2 servings
- 2 tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Sesame seeds (optional, to taste)
- Chopped scallions (optional, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
Add the sauce ingredients to a small bowl and mix together. Give it a taste and adjust ingredients if needed. Set aside.
Season both sides of the tuna steaks with salt & pepper.
Add the oil to a skillet over medium-high heat (or even hotter) and let the pan get very hot (oil should be smoking a bit). Sear the tuna for 45 sec - 1 minute per side.
- Slice the tuna and serve it with the sauce, sesame seeds sprinkled over top, and chopped scallions.
Buy online and receive at home: Tuna
Recipe via www.therecipecritic.com