SEARED AHI TUNA & ARUGULA PEAR SALAD
Yield: 2 Servings
FOR TUNA STEAKS
- 2 160g. tuna steaks
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 lime (or about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp. honey
- 4 cups loosely packed rocket
- 1/2 Pear, thinly sliced
- 2 Radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Cucumber, thinly sliced
- Season tuna steaks all over with salt and pepper. Combine black and white sesame seeds on a shallow plate, then gently press tuna steaks into seeds to coat them on all sides.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add tuna steaks to the pan and sear 30 seconds to 1 minute per side, depending on desired doneness. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Make salad: in a medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Add dressing and toss gently. Slice tuna.
- Divide salad between plates and top with tuna.
Buy online and receive at home: Tuna
Recipe via www.delish.com