RISOTTO WITH HARISSA GRILLED PRAWNS & CRISPY KALE
- 20 Australian prawns, peeled and cleaned
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 100g butter
- 100ml olive oil
- 120g baby kale leaves
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g Arborio rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 cups (750ml) hot vegetable stock, simmering
- 1/3 cup crème fraiche
- ½ cup parmesan, finely grated, extra to serve
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- lemon, to serve
- Place prawns, harissa paste and 1 tbsp of olive oil in a bowl and toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a wide casserole dish over medium- high heat. Add half baby kale and cook until crispy and slightly translucent. Remove and drain on paper towel. Repeat with the remaining baby kale.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and half the butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic & reduce to low heat and cook for 10-15 minutes until soft but not browned. Add rice and cook for 1 minute until rice is coated and slightly toasted. Add wine and stir until almost evaporated. Add hot stock a ladleful at a time, stirring continuously until stock is fully absorbed before adding another. Simmer for 18-20 minutes or until rice is al dente. Remove from the heat and let risotto stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large non-stick saucepan over high heat. Add prawns to the pan in cook for 1 minute each side until golden and cooked through. Keep warm
- Remove lid from risotto and add parmesan, crème fraiche, lemon zest and remaining butter & gently stir until creamy. Top with grilled prawns, crispy kale and fresh lemon to serve.
Buy online and receive at home: Prawns
Recipe via www.instagram.com/australianprawns