PRAWNS AND CRABMEAT SEAFOOD CASSEROLE
Yield: 4 servings
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 110 grams mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 400 grams prawns cooked and cut into small pieces
- 220 grams cooked lobster meat
- 110 grams cooked crabmeat
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced chives
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (or sherry)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 175 C. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium saucepan or sauté pan over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they are tender.
- Use a small piece of the reserved butter to grease a casserole, then combine in it the prawns, lobster, and crabmeat. Add the cooked mushrooms on top.
- Add the remaining butter to a saucepan and place it over medium-low heat; stir in flour until smooth and bubbly. Continue cooking, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly. Continue to cook and stir over low heat until the sauce is thickened and bubbly. Stir in the salt, pepper, paprika, chives, parsley, and wine.
- Gently pour the sauce into the seafood mixture and mix well. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler for a minute to achieve a brown and attractive top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Buy online and receive at home: Prawns
Recipe via www.thespruceeats.com