PARMESAN CRUSTED BAKED FISH
Yield: 4 servings
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly butter a baking dish or individual grain dishes for the fillets.
- In medium bowl, mix together the cheese, breadcrumbs, butter, mayonnaise, spring onions, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside until needed.
- Pat the fish fillets completely dry with paper towels (removing the moisture ensures they won't get mushy while baking); season generously with salt and pepper. Arrange the fish in a lightly buttered baking dish or individual gratin dishes.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons of the cheese mixture over each fillet.
- Place in preheated oven and bake until bubbly and almost cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Temperature should be approximately 50°C when tested at thickest part of fillet with meat thermometer.
- Move fillets to broiler for 2 to 3 minutes to brown and crisp the tops. When done, the fish should flake easily with a fork.
- Remove from oven, garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Buy online and receive at home: Fresh fish
Recipe via www.myrecipes.com