CITRUS PRAWN AND AVOCADO SALAD
Yield: 4 Servings
- 450gr medium PAN-SEARED CITRUS PRAWNS
- 8 cups greens (such as rocket, spinach, or spring mix)
- Fruity or lemon-flavored extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or 1/2 orange
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 100gr sliced almonds, toasted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Prepare the recipe for the Pan-Seared Citrus Prawns. Or, if you prefer, serve the prawns chilled.
Toss the prawns with the salad greens in a large bowl.
Lightly drizzle with olive oil, and if desired, some of the sauce remaining from the prawns with a generous squeeze of citrus, and toss lightly to coat.
- Add the avocado, shallots and sliced almonds and then season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Buy online and receive at home: Prawns
PAN-SEARED CITRUS PRAWNS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion (or shallot)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt
- 1.2kg medium Prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium orange, cut into wedges or slices
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, onion, 2 teaspoons of the parsley, and pinch of red pepper flakes. Pour the mixture into a large skillet set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by half, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the Prawns, season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, cover, and cook until they turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- Top with the remaining parsley and serve with orange and lemon slices on the side.
Recipe via www.foodiecrush.com